First, let’s start with the steps to take to create and invite people to your event.
Creating an Event
- Click Events in the left menu of your News Feed.
- Click Create Event in the top right.
- Click to choose between a private or public event. If you're creating a public event, you can set the event's host as yourself or a page you manage. You're not able to change the privacy settings once you've created the event.
- Fill in the event name, details, location and time.
- Click Create. You'll be taken to your event where you can invite guests, upload photos, share posts and edit event details.
Inviting People to Your EventIf you're a host of an event, you can invite your friends. Event creators are automatically listed as hosts. As an event host, you can choose different privacy settings for who can see, join or invite guests to your event.
- Go to the event
- Click “Invite” in the top right, below the photo
- Search for and select friends to invite and then click “Send Invites”
Tip: Adding more hosts to the page is a great way for your friends to share the event with their friends and family.
What type of information should you add to the event?You’ll want to add information that is light but informative and also grabs attention. If you are hosting a physical event or sale somewhere, give your guests directions and information about it. Invite friends to volunteer, if needed. Add plenty of pictures and use hashtags when posting them.
Creating a Hashtag
Using a hashtag for an event is a great way for people to share photos and stay connected! By using a hashtag in front of a word (also commonly known as a pound symbol), it creates a clickable link. By clicking on the link, you’ll see a feed of public posts that include that hashtag. To get your event hashtag trending, use it in all photos and posts so event members can join the talk as well!
Getting your Facebook friends involved in your fundraising efforts is a great way to promote your event. It’s also a quick and easy way to update everyone on special dates, deliveries, and more. Get people excited about your next Gifts 'N Things fundraiser with Facebook events. You’ll get the best results your organization, school, or group has ever had!